Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Prayers Of Many!

Is your prayer life alive and well? Maybe you don't think much about prayer. You get busy, distracted, or save it for bedtime, when you promptly fall asleep. I did that for years. As a new believer, I was so excited, I talked to God all the time. After awhile, the newness faded into the distractions of every day life. Been there? Then a crisis rears up, and we are in panic prayer mode. If I am honest, I admit this is my biggest failure, at least until the last few years.

Jesus impressed on me that prayer was too important to take it so lightly. I asked Him to forgive my weakness, and help me back to an ongoing dialogue with Him. You don't have to always need something, or be desperate for His help to talk to Him. I have started my day early before my husband is awake. That is my quiet time, prayer time, and time with Jesus.  Throughout the day, I have a running dialogue with Jesus. He is my sounding board, my friend, and the one I can be absolutely real with.

Some days I am overwhelmed by Jesus's love and care for me. Those days I joyously praise and thank Him for His goodness. It just bubbles up and out. Do you have days like that. Oh, I hope so! I still mess up some days, I get tired, and stressed, and busy, and I am sad to say, Jesus gets short changed. Jesus is ever ready to forgive my short comings, my human failings, and give me endless chances. He will do the same for you, if you are His.

Through God's extreme, Agape love for you, He answers those prayers you utter. Does He always hand us what we want.....No. You and I have learned that we don't always know what is best for us. We are like children with narrow vision. We only see the immediate. We have hung on to the very human immediate gratification. You have also learned that sometimes, God very clearly says no, sometimes yes, and many times, not now. How hard it is to wait.

God has blessed you with another resource. That is other believers who pray with you and for you. It is those times, we see God's mighty power on our behalf. One month ago my husband, John had major cervical surgery. We had friends and family praying from one end of the country to the other. The surgery had risks, but we were totally covered in prayer. After hours of surgery, John was in recovery. Getting through the pain, the weakness, and healing had it's own setbacks. Every time there was a great need, I called on our prayer warriors, and God was faithful and answered.

When it came time for rehab before coming home, God's hand was seen. John is a pastor, and calls on people in rehab centers and hospitals. He wanted to go to the one he has visited and where he knew the Chaplain. Our social worker at the hospital told us there wasn't much chance of that. For two days she said, it isn't likely, " we'll cross our fingers."  I said, "No, we will pray!" I immediately called for prayers. Within an hour, the Director for Admissions was in his room, getting him set to go to our choice the next day.

 What I want you to know, what I want you to see, is Before we even said the words each step of the way, God was already there. I could see it so clearly, that I could rest in His care! He knew what we needed before we prayed for that need. I get it, when God says no, He has a better plan than mine. When God says wait, He is working behind the seems to put His perfect plan in place, in the perfect time. But when God says yes, and then at once let's you see that, that is the hand of a Living, Loving, Forever God. Aren't you glad we all get to be a part of His plans for us, and for others through the Prayers of many?

No comments:

Post a Comment